Would you like to write a book?
So many of us have writing a book on our bucket list … but it keeps getting postponed. Maybe that’s because writing a book seems intimidating – like a huge undertaking – but this week Lindsey Smith tells us to just get started!
Lindsey is known as the “food mood girl” and is an author, speaker and coach. Lindsey shares her process for writing a book (which happens a lot faster than you might imagine!), how to choose between traditional and self-publishing, and the steps we can take to get started on our book today!
Lindsey Smith, known as the “food mood girl,” works with people who have a habit of looking to food for all the wrong nutrients: comfort, reward, fun, and acceptance. Through speaking and coaching she motivates, equips, and inspires people to sort out their relationships with food so they can live a healthy, balanced life. Lindsey is also the author of Junk Foods & Junk Moods: Stop Craving and Start Living. For more information, visit www.FoodMoodGirl.com!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why writing a book is still relevant and builds your business
- How Lindsey launched her first book – with no audience!
- Why not to wait for permission or ‘expert status’ to write your book
- If you should self-publish or find a traditional publisher
- How much it’s going to cost if you self-publish your book
- Lindsey’s key tips for aspiring authors
- The importance of finding your writing style
- And how to adopt a “launch + learn” mentality for success!
Connect with us:
- Lindsey’s twitter + facebook
- Amanda’s Twitter + Facebook + Instagram
- Click to Tweet: Start writing your book today! Listen to @lindseysmithhhc share her best tips with @VintageAmanda