We’re a few weeks into the Beauty Detox, and I wanted to give you an update on my current beauty routine. If you remember, I did a product inventory and found my 28 frequently used products. Here’s the original list, and what natural substitutions I’m using at the moment. I’m not totally happy with all of these products yet so this list will change during the year. Overall, I’m finding them just as easy to use as the store-bought kind – they just require a bit of work up front to make!
- Face cleanser – I made a cleansing cream, recipe to come soon.
- Face scrub – almond oatmeal cleansing grains from Rosemary Gladstar’s book
- Face moisturizer – using a lightweight sage and yarrow moisturizer from the Natural Beauty Book
- Acne spot treatment – using teatree or lavender oil
- Facial mask – using honey as a face mask at the moment
- shampoo – again a recipe from Rosemary Gladstar’s book, recipe coming soon.
- conditioner – sage vinegar! This is great, I’ll write about it soon.
- anti-frizz hair serum – don’t need it yet!
- Sea salt texture hair spray – don’t need it, my hair definitely has more texture with these natural products
- dry shampoo – have tried sprinkling arrow root powder on my roots a couple of times … has potential.
- shaving cream – using baby oil
- shower gel – using Dr. Bronners castille soap
- body moisturizer – I’m making body cream like this one! More recipes to come soon.
- ultra rich body cream – not yet
- hand cream – not yet
- body scrub – using coffee scrub like this, and a sugar scrub I made, recipe to come soon.
- perfume – none yet
- deodorant – using the natural crystal deodorant
- toothpaste – using sage tooth powder
- mouthwash – none yet
- nail polish – just leaving the existing polish on my toes for the moment until I find an alternative
- nail polish remover – none yet
- makeup (foundation, concealer, powder, blush, bronzer, eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss) – currently only using Bare Minerals foundation and ‘warmth’ powder.
- astringent/toner – rosewater or Queen of Hungary water
- self tanner – none yet
- night time face treatment – made a light facial oil with grapeseed oil and essential oils, recipe to come soon
- hair color/dye – none yet, will try henna soon!
- hand sanitizer (does this count?!) – none yet, will find a recipe for this though!
Have better alternatives for what I’m using above? Have you tried any of them yourself? Let us know in the comments!
Get Your Free Chapter of Wellpreneur!
Sign up here and we'll send you a free chapter of Amanda's bestselling book
Wellpreneur: The Ultimate Guide to Nail Your Niche and Find Clients Online
You'll also receive our weekly updates for wellness entrepreneurs.