This article is a guest post by Melanie Deardorff
Ready to spruce up your Pinterest page with some new boards? Check out the creative Pinterest marketing ideas from the health coaches, personal trainers, wellness bloggers, authors, and speakers I interviewed.
Pinterest is an effective social media site for wellness businesses because workouts, recipes, health and lifestyle tips and more lend themselves to the visual nature of the platform.
If you want to learn more about Pinterest strategy for wellness businesses, listen to this podcast episode.
16 Inspiring Pinterest Boards for Wellpreneurs
- Healthy habits – Marissa Vicario, health coach, goes green (as in, juice!) with her Detox With Food board. Your board could be like Marissa’s, with its mix of detoxifying foods and drinks, or you could create two boards – one for food and one for drinks.
- Products and services – Aspen Yoga Mats founder Wendy Moore does a wonderful job showcasing her colorful, functional products on AYM’s Custom Mats. And she’s getting a nice “two-fer” because she’s able to feature her products, while at the same time sharing her clients’ custom mat designs (built-in testimonials, I think!).
- Lifestyle – Wellpreneur’s Amanda Cook has travel-themed boards which give her followers an inside look into what Amanda likes to do in her spare time – travel. You could also create a favorites board for magazines, songs or podcasts.
- Fab photos – Pinterest is all about images, but how about dedicating a board to beautiful deliciously staged photography, like Marly McMillen Beelman does with her Marly’s Food Photography board? If you’re skilled at shooting your own photos, like Marly, Pinterest is a great place to show them off. Just remember that once your personal photos are pinned, they could be repinned a hundred times over – so make sure you watermark them with your logo or website name.
- Popular diets – When people search for Paleo on Pinterest, they will likely see blogger, conference speaker and podcaster Cynthia Sanchez’s Go Paleo? Research board. Cynthia’s mix of recipes, meal ideas and infographics is the likely reason her board has so many followers – that and the fact she’s also a Pinterest trainer and knows all the tips and tricks!
- Friends and affiliates – Blogger and FitBloggin’ conference founder Roni Noone gives a shout-out to fellow bloggers in the Our Favorite Mommy Bloggers group board. You could also create a board for any affiliate partners you have, including healthy products you sell, other wellness pros you collaborate with, etc.
- Show your expertise – Sonia Hazard, LMT, NCMT, knows a thing or two about healing touch, and her Massage 🙂 board shares tips on how to stress less and how massages can be restorative. (But we knew that, right? I get a massage every month and love it!) Sonia also includes humor on her page, which gives her an opportunity to show her fun personality.
- Repinnable recipes – Recipes and Pinterest go together like (natural) peanut butter and jelly. Ricki Heller, PhD, RHN and author, does a great job of pinning recipes her target audience will love. Her News and Info about living Candida Free features food from a book published. (Ricki’s huge collection of boards and huge following also likely go together!)
- Personality plus – Even if you have a business Pinterest account, it’s still great to show your personal side. Gluten-free blogger and health coach Laura Beghein’s dreamy My Dream Vacations board shows there’s more to Laura’s tastes than just healthy eating.
- Exercise and activity – Institute for Integrative Nutrition grad and fitness personality Laura London is super-active on Pinterest and also YouTube. Her Lower Body Workouts with Laura London includes a mix of videos and images. (Little-known fact: Laura is the awesome person who took the time to chat with me about IIN before I enrolled. So thankful for her!)
- Motivational moments – Kandice Poirier, a health coach and fitness blogger, pins inspirational images and shares her Christian faith on her Buld your Character, Build Relationships board. (Love what she’s doing here.)
- About Me – My good friend and fellow health coach Lou Ann Donovan has a unique About Me board that includes a map showing where she lives. I’ve not seen this type of board before (the modified column look). It’s definitely worth checking out!
- Party fare – Health and weight-loss coach Dani Spies’ Clean Eating Super Bowl Recipes board is sure to be highly sought after when pinners search for healthy game day recipes. Dani’s idea should inspire you to think of other themed boards for when people get together to have some fun, yet still keep it healthy – like an Oscar watch party, bridal shower or Fab 50 party.
- Healthy minds – Vitality expert and professional speaker Maureen Wielansky pins a mix of tips, infographics and humorous material on her Stress-Less board. (My favorite pin from her board: I trust that there is a plan for my life even if it is yet to be revealed to me.)
- Good-for-you treats – Health coach Nina Manolson’s tasty-looking Healthy Sweets board proves that health coaches still love to enjoy a treat or two! (I want to try the Raw Pecan Pie, because it reminds me of a simple, tasty treat my mom would always make with pecan-stuffed dates rolled in powder sugar.)
- Blog posts – Here’s a trick I learned from some of the pro pinners I follow: Whenever you publish a new blog post, add it to your board designated just for your author content 🙂
Lots of great ideas here, don’t you think? Ready to add a new board or two to your Pinterest page?
Melanie Deardorff is a veteran marketer whose focus has been digital and social media marketing since 2009. Based in the U.S. Midwest but transitioning to more of a digital nomad (work from wherever) lifestyle, Melanie partners with companies of all sizes and industries, including nonprofits. A special passion of hers is helping small companies, including health and wellness-focused businesses, stand out and be authentic online.
Get Your Free Chapter of Wellpreneur!
Sign up here and we'll send you a free chapter of Amanda's bestselling book
Wellpreneur: The Ultimate Guide to Nail Your Niche and Find Clients Online
You'll also receive our weekly updates for wellness entrepreneurs.