So you love health and wellness and you’ve also always wanted to be your own boss. Wouldn’t it be great to work in an industry that you love – everyday?
But going from loving wellness, to actually having a viable business idea can be quite a leap!
On The Wellpreneur Podcast I’ve interviewed over 80 wellness entrepreneurs about how to run a successful wellness business. These wellpreneurs range from health coaches to personal trainers to yoga teachers to authors to retreat planners to natural skincare brands. There are so many ways that you can create a job you love in the wellness industry. Here are 38 ideas to get you started.
Tip: Think about your desired lifestyle before starting a business. If you want to be location-independent and travel the world, maybe having a raw food cafe is not the best business choice as it requires you to be in a physical location.
Health and Wellness Business Ideas: Personal Services
- Health and Wellness Coach
- Corporate Wellness Coach / Trainer / Consultant
- Yoga Teacher
- Personal Trainer
- Holistic Health Counselor
- Weight Loss Coach
- Personal Chef
- Massage Therapist
- Services related to AGING
- Services related to WEIGHT-LOSS
Health and Wellness Business Ideas: Products
- Essential Oils
- Dietary Supplements
- Specialize in a type of workout CLOTHING (yoga, cross-fit, cycling etc.)
- Specialize in a type of workout GEAR (yoga, cross-fit, cycling etc.)
- Healthy Food Products
- Natural Beauty Products
- Anti-Aging Products
- Weight Loss Products
- Healthy Cooking Kitchen Products
Health and Wellness Business Ideas: Physical Locations
- A Studio or Clinic for Wellness
- Treatment Centers
- Retreat Center
- Juice Bar
- Restaurant or Cafe
Health and Wellness Business Ideas: Technology
- Personal Health and Fitness apps
- Quantified Self Wearables / Apps
- Corporate wellness apps
- Software / Apps to enable other wellpreneurs to better serve their clients
- Website platforms connecting specific niches of wellness
Health and Wellness Business Ideas: Other
- Organize wellness retreats around the world
- A Box Delivery Service / Subscription of healthy ingredients or products
- Meal Planning Service
- Meal Delivery Service
- Corporate Wellness Programs / Services
Having a great idea for your new wellness business is just the beginning. What’s much more important is that you’re committed to executing that idea, and bringing it into reality. I suggest reading Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck as you are choosing the right business for you.
What’s the most important factor for you in deciding what type of wellness business to start? Tell us in the comments!